Holy Quran is the last book of Holy Scriptures sent by Allah for His people. Holy Quran was revealed gradually to Holy Prophet (PBUH) over a period of twenty years. Holy Quran is the universal code of life for all Muslims. It is for all times and for every Muslim of the world to live life according to the teachings of Islam.
The language of Quran is Arabic. Allah says in the Holy Quran: “We have sent it down as an Arabic Quran, in order that ye may learn wisdom”. It is the greatest books of all as it was revealed to the last Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH). There are thousands of copies of Quran available in the world and every copy is the same as the other. There cannot be any changes in Quran as Allah has declared Himself as the custodian of Quran. Allah says in the Holy Quran, “It is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Quran) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption)” 15:9
There are three rights of Holy Quran upon the believers stated by Allah in Quran which are as follows:
- Recite the surahs correctly
- understanding of the message of Allah
- Follow the teachings and guidance of Allah in practical life.
There is a great compensation for those who give Quran its three rights. Allah says in the Holy Quran, “Those to whom We have given the Book and they recite it observing the rights of its recitation, it is they who believe in it. And those who disbelieve in it, they are the losers.” (2:121). Therefore, if you recite the Holy Quran correctly, then one can win a very big rewardd for this on the day of Judgment. Reciting Holy Quran and living your life according to the teachings of Quran is a very pious deed. There are a number of benefits one can obtain by reciting Holy Quran in the right manner, mentioned by Holy Prophet (PBUH), which are as follows:
- The best among you is he who learns the Quran and or teaches it.
- When anyone recites the Holy Quran, he gets ten virtues written down for him against each letter.
- The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said the house in which the Holy Quran is read looks as bright as the shining stars to those who live in heavens.
- When anybody recites the verses of the Holy Quran standing in Namaz, gets hundred virtues against each letter of the Holy book he recites.
- The house, in which the Holy Quran is read, is visited by the angels for blessing and the Satans run away from that place.
To sum up, Quran is a great reward of Allah to Muslims. All Muslims must learn to recite Quran correctly. There is also a probability of making mistakes. So one must be very careful while reading Quran and learn each and every word of Quran correctly.